The Remedy Advanced Skin Care System
To understand the Remedy Advanced Skin Care System is to understand the skin itself. First and foremost, the skin is an organ, and like any other organ of the human body it requires its fair share of care. While most equate this attention with cleansing, moisturizing, protecting and treating, by doing so they do not see the greater picture. These are merely physical actions and do not take product selection into consideration. Complete topical skin care does not end until the product meets the skin.
1. Remedy is the gentle solution for most skin issues. By avoiding the use of harsh soaps and detergents, and only using naturally-derived phospholipids to lift the dirt and oils from the skin, Remedy ensures that the structure and integrity of the already compromised skin is not damaged any further. Moreover, the Remedy line is proven to be non-cytotoxic, non-sensitizing, non-irritating and non-allergenic.
2. Remedy skin protectants contains silicones powerful enough to help prevent excessive transepidermal water loss (e-TEWL), yet unlike petroleum-derived products, will not occlude the skin’s natural breathability. In addition to these silicones, Remedy also uses ingredients such as zinc oxide to help protect the skin from moisture, incontinence, perspiration or wound exudate.3. Remedy nourishes the skin with a unique blend of Olivamine®, natural oils and emollients to moisturize. This step does not require additional effort because every Remedy product delivers nourishment along with its primary application.
|The 3 most abundant amino acids in pre-collagen and|
collagen – glycine, N-acetyl-L-cysteine and L-proline*
|These amino acids are the main building blocks of collagen.|
Without a plentiful supply, collagen cannot be formed.
|Vitamins A, B3*, B6*, C and D3||Supports the ability of the skin to efficiently utilize amino|
acids and other nutrients.
|Very potent antioxidants – Hydroxytyrosol (extracted from|
olives) and L-taurine
|Helps neutralize free radicals that can damage the skin.|
|Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)*||MSM supports amino acid utilization and offers antioxidant|
|Natural oils including:|
olive oil, safflower seed oil, canola oil, sunflower seed oil
|Helps maintain the natural barrier of the stratum corneum|
and provides Omega-3 fatty acids to the skin.
|Organic aloe vera||Soothes and conditions the skin.|
|Phospholipids||Allows no-rinse cleansing and conditioning of the skin|
without stripping natural oils.
|Several silicones, including Dimethicone||Provides breathable protection to the skin from|
external moisture elements, and aids in the retention
of ideal hydration.
Reducing Hospital-Acquired Pressure Ulcers By Implementing a Skin Care Regimen – Evaluating Cost and Outcomes
The aim of this evaluation was to determine the effect of a Silicone-Based Dermal Nourishing Emollient (SBDNE) regimen on the reduction of pressure ulcers and costs in a hospital medical unit.
- A hospital in the western region of the United States measured hospital-acquired prevalence rates of pressure ulcers in patients from May 2006 to December 2007.
- A retrospective, longitudinal design is used to examine the changes in pressure ulcer prevalence rates and the economic effect of introducing a silicone-based dermal emollient regimen into an existing pressure ulcer prevention protocol.
- A comparison using parametric and non-parametric methods was used to determine statistical differences in the likelihood of hospital-acquired pressure ulcers before and after implementation of SBDNE.
- Cost estimates from the literature are used to estimate the economic impact of pressure ulcer treatment before and after the implementation of SBDNE.
A multi-brand skin care regimen was replaced by a single-brand skin care regimen of products containing SBDNE. After this single-brand regimen was introduced into an existing pressure ulcer prevention program, the incidence of hospital-acquired pressure ulcers fell to 0 percent after 8 months.
- Estimated savings was $6,676.63 per patient admitted to the medical unit following implementation of the single-brand SBDNE skin care regimen.