The Calazime Paste
Ideal for normal to broken-down skin and peristomal areas, including G-tube sites. For skin protection against moisture, itching and minor irritation. Indicated for the relief of discomfort associated with diaper rash caused by wetness, urine and/or stool and other macerated skin conditions.
Two active ingredients in one effective barrier cream
Zinc oxide-based barrier that protects against moisture and minor irritation. Menthol cools irritated skin and helps calm inflamed tissue. Calazime also helps absorb light exudate from compromised skin.
Easy to apply
Contains rich emollients (cold-pressed sunflower seed oil and natural olive oil) to easily spread the product onto the skin and the purest grade of U.S.P. Standardized White Petrolatum.
Higher viscosity, greater economy
Calazime has a higher viscosity (thickness) than other skin pastes. When combined with micronized zinc oxide, less product is needed to achieve the same barrier coverage, offering a savings in supply costs.
Other recommended products
Begin the cleansing process with any Remedy cleansing product. Apply Calazime Protectant Paste as needed.
- Helps treat and prevent diaper rash.
- Protects from minor skin irritation associated with diaper rash caused from wetness, urine and/or stool.
|Zinc Oxide 20%||Skin Protectant|
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Beeswax, Calamine, Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil, Cholecalciferol, Citric Acid, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina Peel Oil, Glycerine, Glycine, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Hydroxytyrosol, L-proline, L-taurine, Methylparaben, Modified Corn Starch, Methylsulfonylmethane, N-acetyl-L-cysteine, Niacinamide, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, PEG-8, Pyridoxine HCl, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Water, White Petrolatum, Zea Mays Oil.
|MSC094544||Calazime, 4 oz.||12/ea.|
|MSC094544H||Calazime, 4 oz.||each|
|MSC094544PACK||Calazime, 4 ml.||144/cs|
The Remedy Advanced Skin Care System
To understand the Remedy Advanced Skin Care System is to understand the skin itself. First and foremost, the skin is an organ, and like any other organ of the human body it requires its fair share of care. While most equate this attention with cleansing, moisturizing, protecting and treating, by doing so they do not see the greater picture. These are merely physical actions and do not take product selection into consideration. Complete topical skin care does not end until the product meets the skin.
1. Remedy is the gentle solution for most skin issues. By avoiding the use of harsh soaps and detergents, and only using naturally-derived phospholipids to lift the dirt and oils from the skin, Remedy ensures that the structure and integrity of the already compromised skin is not damaged any further. Moreover, the Remedy line is proven to be non-cytotoxic, non-sensitizing, non-irritating and non-allergenic.
2. Remedy skin protectants contains silicones powerful enough to help prevent excessive transepidermal water loss (e-TEWL), yet unlike petroleum-derived products, will not occlude the skin’s natural breathability. In addition to these silicones, Remedy also uses ingredients such as zinc oxide to help protect the skin from moisture, incontinence, perspiration or wound exudate.
3. Remedy nourishes the skin with a unique blend of Olivamine®, natural oils and emollients to moisturize. This step does not require additional effort because every Remedy product delivers nourishment along with its primary application.read more
Treatment of Venous Dermatitis With a New Skin Protectant Containing Olivamine
Venous disease and leg ulcers are often accompanied by skin problems caused by venous hypertension and edema such as venous dermatitis. Patients frequently complain about skin tenderness, pain and burning as a result. The skin may present as erythematous and weeping or dry and scaly.
Evaluate a new advanced skin protectant, Calazime, that offered endermic nutrition in addition to superior barrier properties.
Remedy Calazime Skin Protectant was applied 3 times per week to one patient under multi-layer compression bandages. This continued until the study concluded 3 weeks later.
Within one week, a dramatic improvement in the appearance of the skin and a noticeable decrease in the degree of erythema to the lower extremities was assessed. The patient expressed relief from his itching. The skin was clear within three weeks.
Results suggest that Remedy Calazime Protectant Paste may be useful in the relief of symptoms of venous dermatitis. *Adapted from the original Study.
Clinically Tested to be:
• Dermatologist Tested